12826847

Ive had a 12 month contract with Dotmailer ending in May 2012.

Customer Question

I've had a 12 month contract with Dotmailer ending in May 2012. I sent the cancellation letter in on 11th May 2012. They are trying to charge me for June & July because there is a 30 day cancellation period and you pay for a month in advance, even though there is proof that the service wasn't used in June & July. Any advice?
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

They have sent it to an external collector who is pressurising for payment.....I thought we'd cancelled it correctly in writing and think it's unfair to pay for a service that clearly wasn't used.....what's the law say?

I know this isn’t going to be the answer you want to hear, and it’s certainly not what I want to tell you. However, I wish to be completely honest with you, so I feel obligated to not give you false hope.

I am sorry but if you didn't cancel in accordance with the contract then they are entitled to enforce for the remaining months.

On the face of it though, it would seem that only June is due. You cancelled on the 11 May 2012 so it should cancel upon the 11th June or at the very worst at the end of June. I cannot see how July could be included.

But if they are entitled to 30 days notice and you did not give them 30 days notice then you are liable to do so I'm afraid.

Sorry thats probably not the answer you wanted but it is the position that you have and I have a duty to give you truthful and accurate information even though its not what I want to say.

Hope this helps. Please rate my answer OK SERVICE or above and I can answer your related questions.