12826847

Can you advise on the status of a Personal Trainers position?

Customer Question

Can you advise on the status of a Personal Trainers position? I work for a new Gym as a self employed PT. I do not pay any rent but in return for that we have to work 15 hours a week for the gym. We have to do 3 five hour shifts over 7 days. During our shift we have no break and are expected to clean equipment,check and clean the changing rooms and showers, teach classes we are not qualified to teach,distribute leaflets through doors and only one hour on the gym floor.
The manager and her assistant bully us and I am ready to quit. I signed a licence agreement paid £240 and I have not had a copy of it. I do not know what my rights are?
I probably wont get my money back but I cant bear it anymore.
Please advise if I have any rights.

Angela
Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to be able to assist with your question today. Please let me know what rights in particular are you enquiring about?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I want to quit. I am not sure what my notice period is. I am being bullied and I am not sure if i have any rights to complain or even who i should complain too. I did sign a licence which is renewable every year. It covers the cost of uniform and other things and they have not given me a copy of. I would also like to get my licence fee back. We get 60 hours per year off, which they mean they will cover your classes and shifts. As they tell me what to do? and what hours to work. Am I self employed or employed and can I complain about bullying?

Can your please follow this link and let me know if you believe you are self employed or employed?

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/employment-status/index.htm#1