12826847

My garden backs on to the play area of a nursery school which

Customer Question

My garden backs on to the play area of a nursery school which operates from 0830 - 1730 daily. It is noisy and has sometimes breached the EU noise guidelines. However, this is bearable during the week, as there is a regulated timetable for indoor and outdoor activities. The real problem we have is that they are now using the school for weekend parties and these often involve large numbers of adults as well as children. Whilst they are going on, it is impossible for us to work or sit in our garden and we have to remain inside with the windows closed.

We have written to the School head on numerous occasions stating our case with support from those neighbours who back onto the school. The nuisance eases for a while then starts again although we have wrung the concession that they write and tell us when a party is to take place. Is there any further action I can take?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

How long have you been there? How long has the nursery school been there?

Has the noise got worse since you have been there?

Do they have planning permission to operate this at the weekend?