12826847

my wife has been remanded in custody, i have given a witness

Customer Question

my wife has been remanded in custody, i have given a witness statement, and her solicitors arnt allowed to speak to me i feel i have relevant information about my wife which they should know and also i would like to know what and how they are going to fight the case how can i do this legally if at all.
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Was this a domestic?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no

What's the allegation against her?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

arson with intent

Are you a prosecution witness?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

im not sure i just gave the police a statement

I know this isn’t going to be the answer you want to hear, and it’s certainly not what I want to tell you. However, I wish to be completely honest with you, so I feel obligated to not give you false hope.

Given what you have said, you are almost certainly a prosecution witness. Whether you are reluctant or not, the defence will not speak to you. In fact, there is no property in a witness in the UK so there is no reason they cannot speak to you but by convention we do not speak to the Crown's witnesses as we would not expect the police to speak directly to ours.

I'm really sorry but if you are a prosecution witness then the solicitors will not speak to you and certainly will not have you involved in the preparation of the case.

The only way that would change is if you are tendered to the defence and that hasn't happened yet clearly from their responses so far.

Sorry thats probably not the answer you wanted but it is the position that you have and I have a duty to give you truthful and accurate information even though its not what I want to say.

Hope this helps. Please rate my answer OK SERVICE or above and I can answer your related questions.