12826847

We have received a Notice of an Intention to commence proceedings

Customer Question

We have received a Notice of an Intention to commence proceedings in Northampton County Court with regard to an overdue payment. We did query the work done by this company about a year ago which led to costly delays but they did not reply to our query and we are not prepared to pay them till we get a reply. Our client incurred considerable costs because the company we hired to do the job did not stick to the timetable they had outlined to us & our client. Our client is now claiming she suffered considerable expense as a result of this and we feel we cannot justify chasing the payment until we get an explanation to the delays she is complaining about, because we did not do the work we cannot answer her complaints. Do we need to answer Northampton County Court now with a defence or contact this company yet again to try to get an answer out of them?
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

How much is claimed?