12826847

I have a person who had repaired a computer for. We were told

Customer Question

I have a person who had repaired a computer for. We were told it had a virus and quoted that it would be 1 days work if it did have a virus. We got the laptop delivered to us and found that the hard drive was the fault. We quoted for a replacement hard drive and recovered the data within 3 day. We needed an official Microsoft office licence to finish repair but the customer did not have as they had borrowed a pirate copy from a friend. We would not install a pirate copy as we are Microsoft partners. But worked on Sunday to help and gave advise and got up early on Monday morning to call them for assistance should they need it. They apologised and claimed it was fine. It now seems they are friends of a competitor and wrote a review on google praising our competitor and saying we are the worst they have come across. We are very careful experts and never had any complaints of our work in the 7 years we have been running. How a licence can be repaired from Sunday 8:00 pm to Monday 8:am is beyond us and have found they are friends of our rival company. Do we speak to google first to remove the review or sue for liable.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
How much money would you want to spend on court proceedings?