13262538

Hi I won an industrial injuries claim on behalf of my deceased

Customer Question

I won an industrial injuries claim on behalf of my deceased father who had been divorced from his wife (my mother) for over 20 years before his death.
I have received a substantial amount of money and now my mother says she is entitled to some of it.
My mother (his ex wife) was named executor after my fathers death due to her knowing personal information about him and shared this information with the solicitor on my behalf.
I am my fathers only next of kin and the money came to me and my solicitor never mention anything about other parties having any claim. Please can you clarify that this money is solely mine?
Thank you for your question, I will do my best to assist you but need some further information first.
Were you the only beneficiary under the Will?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I was the only person named as I'm the only next of kin
Then the money is yours by virtue of the Will.
If you wish to share it with your mother you can - but you cannot be forced to do so
Claire