Customer Question

HI we have had an account with a supplier for 10 years (ish). we were asked after Christmas to not place any further orders, and the reason given was that this was due to pressure from other retailers who would prefer us not to deal in these products. We stopped ordering, and had hoped the situation might resolve itself. The current problem is that we cannot now provide any customer service to people who bought these products from us as we cannot purchase spares and have been told to send our serivicing work to a competitor. Plus we cannot trade in these products so that will have a financial impact on our business. When we asked for reasons for the account closure we were told it had been taken for "ecomonic reasons." In addition they still show us on their website as a dealer. What can we do, if anything.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Do you have a specific question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My question is we had an account for 10 years, we have not breached any of their account terms or conditions can we take account against them as this has effected our business. If so how?

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

This may be a breach of anti-competition law but it is not my area so I am
going to opt out for another expert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
The lawyer was not an expert in this area of law and could not answer the question
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

The question is now open to all experts and one will pick it up who has the
necessary expertise.

Meanwhile, please do not reply to this or it pops back into my inbox. No need to relist again

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.