I was considering changing my car or buying it outright. I

Customer Question

I was considering changing my car or buying it outright. I approached a company to understand what was possible but frankly the sales person did not impress so I sent a complaint to the company website not naming anyone just making my point that this was the second time in 3 years I was dissatisfied and suggesting they change their approach...I also sent a seperate email to the finance individual copying in the sales person saying sorry but the sales person had not impressed me so I was not going forward etc etc.

I then received an email today from the sales person who turns out to be a Driector of the company basically saying I do not have the car I said, calling me a transgender, and calling me a nobody etc etc.

Can they really say these things via email only this is wrong in my mind. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

What action are you hoping to take about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jo,

What is possible within the law?

I know this isn’t going to be the answer you want to hear, and it’s certainly not what I want to tell you. However, I wish to be completely honest with you, so I feel obligated to not give you false hope.

I’m really sorry but if this is just a randomly abusive email sent to you alone then I’m not sure the law would allow you to do very much.

Its not harassment because its only one email and anyway its a response to yours.

The highest point might be in malicious communication which you’ll find here

However, the truth is that the police might not be interested in this and anyway I’m not sure these comments are really ‘grossly offensive’. Clearly they are unacceptable but they are not really ‘grossly offensive’ to the reasonably stoical person. I suppose you could argue that they are indecent at least in reference to the transgender issue.

You can complain obviously but if this has come from a person in authority there might not be much that can be done.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please remember to rate my service either OK SERVICE or above and then I will give you related information for free.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you and it does not surprise me I am only sorry that people can get away with such comments. Oh dear I am not a huge fan of social media but it appears that may change! Again thank you for your straight forward reply.

No problem.

All the best.