13262538

hi iam lesle watt ,,

Customer Question

hi iam lesle watt ,, i have been living in a housing property of 13 years , 12 with my partner, we spilt up 16 mouths ago , and i have no contact with her, i went to housing and told them about it and so did she by phone call.... i was giving a rent card in my name and all bills are in my name , yesterday i go a letter form the housing, notice pursuant to section 21 of the housing act 1988, saying requires possession of the property,,,called them up and they said as i have never been on tenancy with partner i have not rights and i should move out and they will be taking me to court,,,,, iam so upset as this has been my home for 13year and i have been a great tenant and have not done anything wrong and have always payed my rent , and have family and friends here,, what can i do , they have been doing up the are and flats and are renting them to rice people who pay twice the rent the people like me pay ,, so i can only think this is why that are doing this after all this time and know i have been here alone for 15 mouths,,, i have spent a lot on the flat over the last year ,, can you help me please i dont wont to lose my home

can any one call me to put my mind a ease please XXXXXXX i cant lose my home

I will do my best to assist you but need some further information first.
When did they give you the rent card?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi claire

my ex move out on the 9th of jan 2012, so i was sent a rent card with my name on march 2012,

How many bedrooms does the property have?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
One bed flat
Do you have any evidence as to how long you have lived there?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Letter from neighbours .. All bill into name .. And parking permit
How far back does the parking permit date?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
About 3, year mybe more if I could find them
May I ask how old you are?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
47 why
Had you been over 60 it would have strengthened your case as you would have been a priority housing need.
As it is you are reliant on the fact that the Housing Association gave you a rent card and accordingly you can argue that they have acknowledged your entitlement to the tenancy.
It is not the strongest of arguments - but the fact that for the last year they have accepted the rent from you in your name may well be sufficient
You need to get face t face advice as soon as possible and can find a local support service using the website here
http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/advice_services_directory
I realise that this is not the answer that you wanted but I do have to be honest with you
Do not hesitate to ask for further clarification if need be
Claire