13262538

To Whom it may concern, My daughter is 16 and leaving school

Customer Question

To Whom it may concern,

My daughter is 16 and leaving school this May and then is going onto College for an additional 2 years to carry out her A levels. I am under the impression that I carry on paying my maintenance payments for her until these are finished. What I am not so sure about is would these payments finish on her 18 birthday (October) or when she has finished these exams in the June, which is the following year?

Your guidance would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Mark.
Thank you for your question, I shall do my best to assist.
If you were paying under a CSA assessment you would need to continue paying until the September after she left college or reached her 20th birthday whichever came first.
If you wish to avoid the involvement of the CSA then you need to continue payment until all her exams are completed and her college term has ended - usually July.
I hope that this is of assistance, please let me know if you need further information
Claire