insurance company refusing to pay the required amount to repair

Customer Question

insurance company refusing to pay the required amount to repair damage to property caused by there driver, they have admitted full liability

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

FOR JOMO 1972. A vehicle insured by Allianz was in collision with my garden wall and vehicles parked on the driveway, causing extensive damage to the wall and driveway, the vehicles concerned were written off and that part of it was completed to my satisfaction. Unfirtunately the property part has been a different matter, I got a quote from a builder as they requested , which was forwarded to them, a loss adjuster arrived several weeks later, it was plain from her attitude that she did not really want to be assessing this incident as it was cold and she turned up 45 minutes late. The loss adjuster then walked round supposedly assessing the damage, taking no notice of what the builder was trying to explain to her, no measurements were taken it was all done on guesstimates.

I received a report from her, which I replied to and told her I was not satisfied with her findings, Allianz obviously concurred with her findings, even though I told them that I did not.

Following several weeks awaiting replies from Allianz I contacted them and stated that I would be quite happy for them to supply their own building contractors, to which they replied "We do not do that". Which I found a little strange.

Again several weeks passed and then I sent an email addressed to the CEO of Allianz and I was told that the complaints department had intercepted it and they would review the case and get in touch. Following another few weeks wait they emailed me to say that following their own investigation they would compensate me with £500 added as a gesture of good will. The amount they proposed fell well short of the builders estimate. I have not replied to them again as it feels like I am just running into a brick wall. They have said that I can go to the ombudsman. Again trhis all takes up time. The driver of the vehicle had criminal charges bought against him but I have never known his name only that he was charged with failing to remain at the scene of the accident and dangerous driving. I hope this helps a little

Yours faithfully

Simon Austin

So what is our question about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I would like to know where I stand with regards to getting the correct amount of rue numeration from the insurance company
Simon Austin
Surely your own insurance company are dealing with this?