Do I have possibility for reporting about my victim international

Customer Question

Do I have possibility for reporting about my victim international scam and investigation without my financial payment?

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jo!

I had start communication by email with man -Steve Kent -from Canada

after around 2 months he inform me about he got good news and he would like send me 1.5 milion $ .[it was his money from UN- he gave me this information]
.It was package send to me 27February from Afganistan - kabul to me .

It story began .

I have all emails from shipping company and from bank in Ghana where this package was deposited on my name .

It was operation with demanding from me lot of money .

Afraid I follow instruction gave to me and I send over 10.000 British Pounds.- I have prove -names to whom I send.

And I was inform by web.when I try check last week about this bank was reported as web.forgery

18 of April I had conversation on skype with Steve Kent about how is true with this bank-he was away and he don`t answer to my question .

How I go further with my reporting

I have all emails from bank .lawyer this bank and .. I think it is good sort material for look.

Sorry for my expression - English is for me second language.

Ok. No problem! I do understand.

What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jomo !

I would like use all possibility for achieving back my money which I send .

I can do whatever I can for this .

I know this isn’t going to be the answer you want to hear, and it’s certainly not what I want to tell you. However, I wish to be completely honest with you, so I feel obligated to not give you false hope.

I am really sorry but the chances of recovering the funds are very low.

You do have a claim against the person in question but funding him will be a challenge.

Whoever is responsible for this is almost certainly operating from another jurisdiction. It will not be cost effective to sue in another jurisdiction. Its a possibility if he is in Europe but thats very unlikely. These scams generally original from areas of the world with very limited organisation and enforcement.

You would also have to sue in accordance with the local laws which would increase the cost.

Even if you get judgment against him enforcing it will be hard because he probably has no money and its easier to disappear in those jurisdictions.

The issue isn't just cost as you may be willing to incur that. Its just plain not likely to succeed.

If you have reported this to the police and they are investigating then its to be hoped they find him. If he's UK based then its a simple matter of suing at the county court. I'm afraid that is not likely though.

Sorry thats probably not the answer you wanted but it is the position that you have and I have a duty to give you truthful and accurate information even though its not what I want to say.

Hope this helps. Please rate my answer OK SERVICE or above and I can answer your related questions.