12826847

Just leaving rented property, been there 3+ years. Am just

Customer Question

Just leaving rented property, been there 3+ years. Am just confirming check-out details to landlord, i.e., usual professional cleaning stuff etc., am I ok to include the following in my confirmation to her, which I think she should or is already aware about the Introductory Agent?

I would like to place on record how terribly saddened and upset I have been that you and I recently had an unpleasant exchange. I am now fully aware, indeed I hope you are too, that this has been as a direct result of wholly improper, unnecessary, trouble-making information being fed not only to you, but also your prospective tenants, by S&P, advising that they have not been able to get a response from me for viewings. This is completely untrue. I also understand S&P had threatened solicitor action against me, which is of course utterly ludicrous, in fact, disgraceful. This unethical, inaccurate information by S&P is now clearly evidenced in their written correspondence - a couple of their emails I recently forwarded to you, confirming such.

I have my own (home-based) work to conduct in submitting $multi-million IT bids, for all regions, i.e., EMEA, APAC, and the Americas, thus constantly work to different timezones. Regardless, I have been as co-operative as I can possibly be in accommodating viewing demands. In addition, I am trying to pack and move out of this place, without being ‘bullied’ into wasting my valuable time running around after S&P, correcting their administration faux pas, and being at their beck and call, and their every demanding whim.

I wonder if S&P’s shenanigans is in accordance with their Business Code of Conduct. I can now understand why some’ Estate Agents have such an appalling reputation. If I conducted my business in such a disgraceful manner, I wouldn’t be in a job for one day.

I cannot even begin to tell you the time I have had to waste on behalf of S&P. I.e., Viewings, non-viewings, then I’m told there will be no viewings until my departure by two of their offices including their HQ, then there are FOUR viewings, then they’re all cancelled, then one prospective tenant just turns up on my doorstep, when that particular viewing I was told was cancelled because they “were on holiday”. Of course I should have 24 hours written notice. What an appalling manner in which to conduct business and a complete fiasco.

It also of course occurs to me, whether S&P/you are deliberately making my life as unpleasant as possible, with obvious harassment I have been subjected to, in an endeavour to force me out of the property before my departure date?

There are also a couple of other thoroughly unimpressive, unprofessional occurrences by S&P, but at this stage, I will not elaborate.
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

What type of contract do you have?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It's an Assured Shorthold Tenancy

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

FOR JOMO1972
Assured Shorthold Tenancy

What were the dates of the AST?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Started 2009

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This is in the UK

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This system seems difficult to follow. Are you answering via the web browser or my email ([email protected])

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Jo,

Are you responding to this?

The reason you are experiencing delay is that you keep posting before I have responded which pushes the question to the back of my list.

Also, your first post exceeds the word length and I cannot view it all. I wonder if it could be summarised?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can you refund my payment then please? I'll cancel this please.