12826847

I have a dissabled daughter who attends a mainstream school

Customer Question

I have a dissabled daughter who attends a mainstream school and has funding to help with this. It is a well thought of school with an outstanding grade OFSTED report.
I am gravely concerned and have documented the fact that the school has not made efforts to train staff, will not listen to advice from the Down Syndrome Association, follow recognised educational practices that will help her or accept offers of assistance that will benefit her. The communication is very poor.
Recently an ex member of staff has told us IN CONFIDENCE that my daughters education is being neglected (which is bourn out by the above) and that it has been discussed amongst staff that they are only keeping her there because of the funding they receive.
**************************************************************
My question is -

Is this a possible breech of article 14 (discrimination) in relation to my daughters rights as the school are not making the same efforts to ensure she receives the best eduation possible where as it is quite obvious that all able bodied children in the school are given the best that is available.
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

What action are you hoping to take about this?