Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Hi i got an email like 15 days ago. It was from mega/bonanza

Customer Question

Hi i got an email like 15 days ago. It was from mega/bonanza people post code lottery. It says that you have won 1.5 million euros in people post code sweepstakes email. I sent the money for the lawyer so he can take care of everything. I sent the money for taxs. And i sent the money for Transfer charges. Then something happened when they were trying to send the money. Now they are asking for new transfer charges. Is that true or just a scam. I spent a lot of money on that. Please let me know as soon as possible.

Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 4 years ago.

Hi there,

I take it that you never paid to enter this "peoples post code sweepstake"?

Kind Regards

AL

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What ? Can you please explain clearly ?

Thanks for your reply. I mean- I take it that you never paid to enter this competition?

Anyway, I have now checked the status of this supposed lottery and I am afraid to say it is a total scam- no lottery winner is ever contacted by email. At present there are hundreds of scam emails flying about, advising unsuspecting people that they have a competition they have never bought a ticket for.

I must advise you not to send them another penny, as you will never see it again. (No lottery company asks winners to send THEM money).

I am sorry this is not the answer you were looking for, but if I have assisted, I would be grateful if you could leave positive feedback.

KInd Regards

AL