12826847

1999 my parents died. My father left me & my youngest brother

Customer Question

1999 my parents died. My father left me & my youngest brother the family home, my share being the largest , because of my advanced years I decided to give my son a chance to own his own home and be able to have a good start with his new family.
To make a long story short he bought out my brother by going to the bank for a loan enough to up-grade the house also. Well !! the marriage split after 11 yrs. and paid her a settlement of $100,000. Now he owes the bank and contractor. He's paying his bank loan ok but owes the contractor about $50,000 for work done but not completed . I still have equity in the property, so the question is can this contractor claim the home?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Is he putting a charge on the property?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is charge the same as a lean? if so that's what they might be going for.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Is the house in joint names, you and yr son? Is there any deed of trust reflecting your bigger share?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have papers stateing that.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Stating what? I am afraid that means nothing in isolation

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry! have to get more info. over& out,thanks.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
No problem