How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Jo C. Your Own Question

Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 69783
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now


Customer Question

hello my name is rabee,
i'm an egyptian who came to uk on a two year visa to be with my wife and her children in september 2012 'my visa will exspire next summer and i desperatly want to stay forever with wife and family , but im worried because i have be wrongly been accused of assulting my wife and her son on his birthday who is 21 years 5 days ago i was arrested and put into police custady for the night then i was released with NO charge ....i didnt do anything wrong my wife made this statement in temper and then withdrew it the next day ' we are ok now and much in love . but this i was told will stay on police record released without charge could have effect on my visa, i need to know will this have effect on me applying to remain further resident in the uk ????? plz help me im so very worried my name was clean b4 this happened now i feel im at risk to be sent back when my visa is end then i will no longer be with my wife.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question . My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

how can I help?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what is released with NO CHARGE will this have bad effect on my next visa for wrongly accused of assult by my wife and her son .they both made statement and the police said its not worth the paper its wrotten on . my wife and her son made false accusations when we was having a fall out im worried what this will do to my visa . what are my chances of the embassy refuse my stay as they will think i have assulted my wife and son . we are all happy but my wife and myself are very worried now.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
It wasn’t very helpful of her to put you in this position.

Released with no charge means that they have taken no further action against you.

In terms of a visa, you do have to declare the fact of the allegation and arrest. It should not have a huge impact as it was ultimately unsubstantiated but you must declare it and explain.

Obviously though if there are further allegations then that will make things harder. You probably realise that now.

Hope this helps. Please remember to rate my service either OK SERVICE or above and then I will give you related information for free.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

could you help me in how to declare this allegations as i'm struggle to find words .how would you explain it to embassy ?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
You will be asked about any interaction with the police

You kist explain that an allegation was made against you which was investigated and found to be unsubstantiated

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice

Related Law Questions