12826847

I have a childrens nursery, and have a contract that stipulates

Customer Question

I have a childrens nursery, and have a contract that stipulates that staff should not wear facial piercings. I noticed the other day that a member of staff has a tongue piercing, and I brought it to attention. She has refused to remove it, even after I wrote to her, asking her to abide with the staff contract which she has signed. She has now said that when she was interviewed, the manager did not say anything about it during her interview. The manager is not sure if the stud was in her tongue during the interview or not. She has been working for the company for almost a year, and claims she has always had the tongue piercing in. If I ignore this I open the flood gated open for everyone to come to work with a facial piercing, and in fact another member of staff has a nose piercing in now.
Expert:  Jenny replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer, on what date did she start working for you?
Expert:  Jenny replied 4 years ago.
And has the person with the nose piercing been with you for more than 12 months?