Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

Im a carer in the community, one of my calls was a domestic

Customer Question

Im a carer in the community, one of my calls was a domestic call which involved cleaning the service users bathroom which was very dirty.This call was my last duty of the day.few hours later my right eye was uncomfortable and during the evening I had to go to the a&e at the local hospital as the pain was terrible.I was advised that my eye had become infected with an ulcer on the cornea, I have now beenn unfit for work for 3weeks and will be entitled only to ssp, the company have now said they will be supplying us with eye protection when doing domedtic duties.is there anyway I csn claim more than sssp when this was an accident at would.I would be very grateful for some advise thank you.
Expert:  Jenny replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer, how long are you likely to be off work?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The incident happened pn

uesday 3rd april and ive not been to work aince as the eye clinic have been seeing me on various occasions.i have another apointment with them tomorrow

Expert:  Jenny replied 4 years ago.
Ok your employer's liability insurance should cover your losses if you have an accident carrying out work duties. You should tell your employer to contact them and say you want to make a claim for your lost duties. You may be able to make a further claim in relation to the injury if it is going to leave any permanent damage. Your eye doctor will be able to tell you about that.

I would therefore ask your employer to inform their insurers. They may agree to pay you in full then from the start.

Please ask if you have any further questions.

If you are happy with my answer I would be grateful if you would give a positive rating as I am not otherwise credited for my time.