Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm

Customer Question

I would like advice on appealing a tribunal deciion because the judge should have treated this as whistle blowing.
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm happy to help with your question today.

Have you lodged an appeal to the EAT?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No but i need to soon

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.

If you're unhappy with the Employment Tribunal decision you can appeal to the Employment Appeal Tribunal.

However normally the EAT will only consider issues of law and will not re-examine facts at the original hearing. So basically they look at whether the ET made an error in law or procedure.

If your case is that new information has come to light which would have influenced the ET's decision then you should be able to pursue an appeal on the grounds of that new information.

Normally you have 42 days to lodge an appeal. There is a strict procedure which has to be followed and the appeal has to be lodged in the correct format.

I'm sending you a link to the EAT which gives you details of the form and procedures:

Happy to discuss further. Please remember to rate my answer so I am credited for my time.