13262538

hi, this is complicated, but im totally confused, its divorce

Customer Question

hi,
this is complicated, but im totally confused, its divorce and my identity, I married in 1990 and took his name Evans, I had two children both Evans, we split in 2000 and I became Ms Evans, my divorce didn't come through til 2003. In 2003 I had a baby, her name was changed to Evans because that's what I was. In 2011 I remarried, I married as Ms Evans, not my maiden name, I am now going through a separation and divorce and I'm told I can't go back to Evans. Is that true?
I will do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
Who has told you that you cannot revert back to Evans?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My son and friends

Fortunately they are wrong - you are entitled to revert back to whatever name you wish - or even choose a new one!
If you wish to choose a new one you will need to have a Change of Name Deed prepared - if you simple wish to revert to a previous name there is no need for that.
If your passport is in your current name you will need to send a copy of your Decree Absolute to the Passport Office
I hope that this helps
Claire