12826847

Retired and Seperating i am 69,she is 62,jointly own 2 homes,flat

Customer Question

Retired and Seperating i am 69,she is 62,jointly own 2 homes,flat we both live in now and holiday home in florida.both to be sold and money split 50/50 (agreed).Both have sold our homes in the past,her's being greater in value than mine,all money going into same bank in investments and accounts in seperate and joint names.Both have state pensions,and i have private pension also.She claims her home is her pension and she wants all the bank account money for that reason.Legally will she be allowed to take what she wants from money in bank.Agreed single names on accounts in meeting at bank to allow acounts to be opened after bank put 48hr freeze on all accounts,as seperation is in progress.
I will do my best to assist you but need some further information first.
How long have you lived together and how much more capital did she bring to the relationship?
Claire