UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

hi there, my problem is that my husband went to morocco,

Customer Question

hi there,

my problem is that my husband went to morocco, met a girl there half his age, called her over here with the pretence that she was coming over for the paralympics. she stayed in the uk for 6 months, went back in january. my husband wants her to come to the uk so he can marry her in the islamic way, as he is legally married to me.

i believe he has told her to lie to get a via to enter the uk. how can she be stopped to get a visa? he does not want to marry her in morocco as he has a criminal record and would have to meet her parents etc.

he wants her to come over and marry him over here.
the are a lot of lies going on.

what can i do to stop this nonsense. please, help!
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

Does he plan to call her to the UK on a visa which allows him to marry her ie a fiance visa?

Or would she be arriving to the UK on a visit visa again?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for your prompt reply.

im not sure what kind of visa, possibly another visit visa, so he can marry her in islamic tradition. and get away with it. i overheard him saying something about papers. i dont know how to stop this. it is destroying my life.

what is the difference between him calling her over on a visit visa or fiance visa?

thank you

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

The reason for my question was that , if she arrives on a visit visa then unfortunatley there is not much you can do because if she wants to visit the UK she can there is nothing preventing her from visiting, regardless of her intentions, because I am sure she would not state that the reason for her visit is specificallt marriage.

In respect of a fiancee visa the home office would do through checks in respect of your husband's marital status ie is he married or single they will check both their records and the registry office records to confirm that he is not married before allowing her to come to the UK soley to marry him.

You do not need to worry about her remaining in the UK for more than 6 months because in order for this to happen she would need to apply for a spouse visa which the home office will not grant her as your husband is still married to you and you have not divoiced.

In respect of the islamic marriage the UK would not recognise a Nikkah if it was conducted in the UK as he would not be able to register it here because you are still married to him and therefore she would not be legally seen as his wife. In respect of a religious marriage there is nothing preventing this from being indertaken as the UK would not recognise just an islamic marriage and therefore the UK would not see her as his wife.

What you may wish to do is inform the home office by using the following link:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/aboutus/contact/report-crime/

You can give the home office her name etc and put them on alert that she wishes to enter the UK for the purposes of marriage, this information will then be sent to their counterparts in Morocco and , they will investigate the matter throughly if she applies for a visit visa. In you report you can state that you know you husband wishes to marry her in the UK and her visit to the UK would not be for the purpose of tourism.

I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively. If however, you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question, please DO NOT rate my answer negatively, I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so she went back to morocco in january, after a 6 month stay, after how long can she apply for another visa from morocco?

what kind of information would they require from her?

thank you

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your reply. I apologise for the delay in reverting back to you, I have been in meetings.

She is able to apply for a visa as soon as she likes but will not be able to visit the UK more than once a year for a period of 6 months, if she starts visiting the the UK more than what would be deems adequate by the home office then her visa will be refused.

They would require evidence of accommodation in the UK, how she will be maintaining herself in the UK, reason for her visit, duration of her visit, her connections with her home country, bank statements etc.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Please rate my answer positively.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.