Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

My elderly sisters bought a three piece suite from Marks and

Customer Question

My elderly sisters bought a three piece suite from Marks and Spencer furniture store in Braehead Scotland in August 2012. Within a short period the material on the seat cushions became discoloured, the cushions sagged, and the material covering the cushion streached and creased. When they complained to the store it was arranged that someone would come and assess the suite. They were informed that the should remove the covers from the cushions on a regular basis and plump the inner cushion up (this was something he himself had difficulty with so how he expected two frail women to be able to carry this out is beyond me) They were not informed when they were buying the furniture that this would be required otherwise under no circumstances would they have proceeded with the purchase. Now they have been told that no further action will be taken the have been left with a suite that is less than 1 year old and is not fit for purpose. What can we do?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.

ajlaj01 :

What did you actually say to M and S when you made a complaint?

ajlaj01 :

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. How much did the Sofa Cost?