12826847

Hi wonding if you can give me any advise please? we are a small

Customer Question

Hi wonding if you can give me any advise please? we are a small limited business we ordered some parts from a supplier, wrote a cheque to cover the amount, but unfortately by error from ourselves the cheque bounced. the invoice we wrote the cheque for was invoiced in error also so the supplier credited it and reinvoice it. in the mean time we asked the supplier to cancel the cheque and not to present it again and they agreed they wouldnt. the invoice then went onto our monthly statement as we are a account customer. but ive just found out that this supplier have presented this cheque 14 times resulting in bank charges to ourselve totaling £490.00. i asked for a refund and they are refusing and say they have done doing wrong. can i take this claim further or and i wasting my time? thanks katherine
Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer.

Do you have anything in writing where they confirmed they would not present the cheque?

Why did you not cancel the cheque?

AJ

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No not got anything in writing from them,

My husband was ment to cancel the cheque but he forgot too,

Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.

I am sorry but there is really not much you can do to recover this from the supplier. The overside have simply been unscrupulous.

Have you asked your bank why they kept rejecting the cheque and did not just cancel it?

AJ