13262538

I am a mother of a 2 yr old son, I am Australian, the father

Customer Question

I am a mother of a 2 yr old son, I am Australian, the father is British, my child was born in London, we are not married and its in my childs best interest to raise him in Australia with the support of my family and close friends. The father is unemployed and does not recieve any benefits to help out with rent, bills or child care and expexts me to fund him and his drug and gambling habits along with taking care of all other financials.

I work only 4 days a week and am finding it highly stressful, the outcome of this pressure leaves us in a not so great relationship.

I think its best for my child and myself to go back to Australia where i will get the support of my parents who are rather well off and start a new life.

What are my rights and what can i do to achieve this outcome?
Thank you for your question I will do my best to assist
I am afraid that you will need the permission of the father or an Order from the Court if you wish to take the Child to Australia Permanently.
In Order to convince the Court you will need to show where you will live what support you have; how you will maintain the child and how you will finance ongoing contact between the child and his father - including face to face contact on occasion
More details here
http://www.family-law.co.uk/Child-Relocation
If you need further clarification please do not hesitate to ask
Claire