12826847

myself and my wife are seeking to seperate .We have two sons

Customer Question

myself and my wife are seeking to seperate .We have two sons under the age of 8 years old , whom i deal with 5 days a week ,taking one to school first thing and the other one for his afternoon sessions .Also i have Monday Tuesday off work so my wife can attend meetings after school as she is a full time teacher . On Weekdays barring Monday and Tuesday
i then work 2-10 pm shift whilst my wife picks the boys up from after school club.We are both still under the same roof have been together for 20 years /married since 2001 have both provided for the boys but in my case i didn't put my name on the mortgage.
Would this affect my rights to stay in the house and care for my children as i do their laundry on a daily basis , tidy their rooms daily , do most parent events at school as my wife cannot always leave school for such things.
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets and debts are there and how much do you each earn?
Have you and your wife discussed how the children will share their time between you after the separation?
Claire