12826847

If I believe that I am in danger of physcal assult by a member

Customer Question

If I believe that I am in danger of physcal assult by a member of my family . A dispute is coming to a head and the member we know has anger management poblems although not officially reported. Is there a way I can record this on police records or have some police potection in any way. what can I do to protect myself from possible harm.
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what more do you want

Well, for instance, what are you hoping the police will do?

You say a crime has not been committed yet?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

A crime has not been committed yet

I know this isn’t going to be the answer you want to hear, and it’s certainly not what I want to tell you. However, I wish to be completely honest with you, so I feel obligated to not give you false hope.

Then there is nothing to report to the police I'm afraid.

The police are law enforcement officers. They are to be called to report a crime. They do have some other duties to the public but they would not extend to a situation like this I'm afraid.

Thats not to say that there are not things you can do at the family court. If this is a family dispute then that would seem to be the best place for this.

You may be able to seek a non molestation order or an occupation order depending on your relationship and the history here. However, I have to tell you that a mere concern that you will be assaulted alone would not be sufficient normally.

Sorry thats probably not the answer you wanted but it is the position that you have and I have a duty to give you truthful and accurate information even though its not what I want to say.

Hope this helps. Please rate my answer OK SERVICE or above and I can answer your related questions.