I own a 50% share of freehold (ground floor is mine and first

Customer Question

I own a 50% share of freehold (ground floor is mine and first floor belongs to two people)
First floor flat is being sold to new owners and the two people who are selling and are registered on the land registry as 50% shareholders of freehold ask my consent to substitute one of their names (father) to their daughter's name saying that the solicitors made an error ten years ago when completing the sale and their original instruction was to register the daughter on the deed not the father.
My question is it legal vis inland revenue to suddenly alter the names prior to sale ?
Should I charge ?
Please note one is a barrister/chartered accountant the other legal executive and they work the solicitors who 'made an error' ten years ago
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

So are you saying that names on the freehold and their leasehold interest are different at the moment?

How much value is actually in the freehold? Is it negligible?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No the names on the freehold and the leasehold are the same they want to change both leasehold and freehold from the name of the father to the name of the daughter

the leasehold is 69 years the share of freehold is worth approx £420000

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Relist: Other. the solicitor is not available

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied

I have been asked to look at this question for you. I am sorry you have had to wait for a response. May I assist you with this. I will be available today til 12 and then again after 3pm

1. Do you know if they are selling the freehold with the sale of the flat?
  2. Is there a requirement that the freehold must be sold with the flat referred to in the lease do you know?

I look forward to hearing from you.