I recently went to Manchester and popped into subway for a

Customer Question

I recently went to Manchester and popped into subway for a sandwich. I am a Muslim and this is not a halal subway so I ordered a veggie patty as this was the only item I could eat from their. When I got to the counter the lady took my payment as passed me my sandwich wrapped up. I asked If this is the veggie patty and she confirmed yes. I went straight to
The train station And got the train to Birmingham. On the way I opened my sandwich and took a bite only to realise it's a chicken sandwich. I called the subway store and spoke to the manager and expressed my anger. The manager was clueless to the fact I just ate a chicken sandwich which was not halal and my religion forbids me to eat. I then went to their complaints department and spoke to someone. They checked the CCTV footage and came back to me via letter to confirm they made and error and sandwiches got switched so I wanted to know if I am able to take legal action as this error has breached my beliefs and they were not very sympathetic to this fact. Please can you advice if I have a case as they have admitted their error and have video evidence and I also have my receipt as proof that I ordered a veggie patty. Thanks
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
What are you hoping to achieve?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am looking for some sort of compensation
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
I am after a detailed answer to the question I asked plz.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

I'm sorry, but
this is not an instant service because we are all solicitors

in practice. We all have clients and court and other users on this site and

travelling and weekends and evenings etc. So sometimes you may get a response

in minutes but sometimes it may be hours.

This is very important in English law: Did you tell the person in subway that
you must have either a vegetarian or halal because of your religion?

How much compensation are you looking for or are you
concerned with the principle?

Please bear with
me today and in general because I am off-line and online all day and evening
(and often at weekends)