12826847

I am a landlady, I own 5 properties which I rent out. Wooster

Customer Question

I am a landlady, I own 5 properties which I rent out. Wooster and Stock found me 2 tenants, then they were taken over by Leaders who I am very unhappy with. One tenant lost his job and had to leave a month ago, the remaining tenant has found a new tenant. I would like to take this opportunity to manage the property myself, but it seems I am bound in contract to Leaders, as long as that tenant remains in the property. Is there any way round this? Could he leave and move back in? Would he have to do this physically? What kind of trouble would I get in if we said he had left and found I was still renting to him? Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects. Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Unless I have all the facts that I need, my answer would not be accurate.

What does the contract say exactly on this point?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Apparently when Leaders took over Wooster, we became automatically part of their team. So I am unable to leave Leaders letting Agency as long as there is a tenant in the property connected to them. I have decided not to lie and stay with them, easier.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Do you need any further assistance or would you like me to close the thread?