Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Yknot Holdings. LLC. DBA Emergency food now. 12E Joy Dr, Farmington,

Customer Question

Yknot Holdings. LLC. DBA Emergency food now. 12E Joy Dr, Farmington, Utah,84025 USA.
I answered an advertisement placed by this company for a FREE trial of capsuls of Colon clenser and keytone elite paying only a small sum for packing and postage, by debit card unfortunately. I did not like the product so I wrote and cancelled. They have debited my account £37,50 and £75 as the first monthly instalment. They don't answer any letters or phone calls and othe people have written with similar complaints. What can I do?
Expert:  Joshua replied 4 years ago.

Josh-2010 :

Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied

Josh-2010 :

How long was the free trial for please and did you cancel within the free trial period's terms?

Josh-2010 :

If so do you have a copy of your cancellation notice?

JACUSTOMER-uq01731l- :

There was no time stipulated for the trial, and no I cancelled the requirement two weeks agoby using a form on the internet.

Josh-2010 :

Thanks. Do you have a copy of any of your cancellation requests?

Josh-2010 :

Would you like to continue?

JACUSTOMER-uq01731l- :

No the point surely is that the advert was an offer to try not a contract to supply goods. It is a scam

JACUSTOMER-uq01731l- :

yes please continue.

Josh-2010 :

Certainly. I have just had to take a phone call. I will be with you in a couple of minutes if that is ok?

Josh-2010 :

My apologies for the delay in reverting to you.

Josh-2010 :

Distance selling regulations do not apply to drugs and medicines so you do not have the usual 7 days to cancel. However you are still entitled to cancel your order in accordance with the terms and conditions of the trial. Most of these trials state that if you do not cancel within a certain period, say 30 days and so on that they will automatically start shipping you chargeable orders. If you have cancelled in writing and they charge you you can contact your bank and ask them to issue a chargeback. They can do this for a period of 3 months usually from the date of the transaction. They may require a copy of your cancellation letter or email in order to do this.

Josh-2010 :

If you have not retained a copy this can make issuing a chargeback more difficult but you can still ask for one. If you have not retained a copy then there is nothing stopping you writing by email (keeping a copy) referring to previous cancellation requests and expressing disappointment that they have failed to reply reiterating your request to cancel and have charges refunded.

Josh-2010 :

Providing you have evidence of your request to cancel (a copy email etc) any chargeback request should be successful

Josh-2010 :

Does the above answer all your questions or is there anything I can clarify or help with any further?