How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 31300
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

If possible I would like some advise.The end of March I

Customer Question

If possible I would like some advise.The end of March I contacted The Post Office with regard to changing my supplier for the land line telephone and broad band. They offered a deal were I could keep my original telephone number and some one would come and install the broad band, They also would contact my present supplier to advise them of the change. My supplier is fiber optic which supply me with telephone, broad band and TV. The post office do not use fiber optic. Mid April I received a package from The Post Office, which contained a set up for broad band. I contacted The Post Office, not sure of why it was sent to me. I would have to install it my self. I am not computer literate having not bought up with computers .I said I Would have to cancel the broad band, I was concerned I would not be able to do this task. The line was terminated and I received an animated telephone call to say the engineer would not need to come out to the house as I have a B T line available. On the 29th April I contacted my present supplier to find out how much I would know be paying for the T V. They had not received notification from The P O. I became worried, I therefore spoke to Post Office, they had not contacted my supplier. They allocated me a new number. This is not at all helpful. I need to keep contact with my Doctor and the hospital and the family, plus the inconvenience of having to contact so many people of the change in number. I was on the phone to the Post office for over an hour being pushed from one department to another. They terminated my call in the end. I was informed I could not cancel and if I did it would cost me 200 pounds. They will know inform my present company and ask for my original telephone number but it will take 10 days and I will have to pay Post Office and my present supplier. They would compensate with a payment of 5 pounds. As you can imagine I am frustrated and feel I was falsely sold a service by the Post Office. Is there any advice you can give me. I am a pensioner and find it difficult to cope with these situations.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question . My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
How can I help with this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am not happy with the service received from the Post Office and it has not gone live yet. I would like them to pay for the short fall I will have to pay to my present company and the Post office because of they had not requested my telephone number or informed them of the move. I would like to get out of the contract as the faith in the company is nil,, but I think that is not going to happen.

Expert:  Joshua replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied

Could you confirm if you have asked your original supplier to reconnect you in the meantime please?