Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

I recently approached an estate agent to sell my property.

Customer Question

I recently approached an estate agent to sell my property. The agreed asking price was based on a valuation last year July. I recently found out, through sources that the property was grossly undervalued and was targeted below the of the stamp levy for a quick sale. I am subjected to a minimum contract period of 12 weeks. Either party may terminate such a contract by giving four weeks notice in writing, and cannot be served prior to the eighth week of instruction due to the minimum period. There are other matters arising in this matter. What is my legal position?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 4 years ago.

Aston Lawyer :

Hi there

Aston Lawyer :

Thanks for your enquiry.

Aston Lawyer :

I take it that you are just not happy with the Agent undrvaluing your property or has a Buyer now been found?

JACUSTOMER-ljojpc6k- :

I am not happy with the agent, in the unscrupulous manner in the way they dealt with me, not only undervaluing the property, approaching my friend who was there to let the viewing take place, negotiating despite my informing them that all negotiations should be dealt by me only, completing ignoring the fact I'm the owner, unprofessional intrusion by 2 members of staff. taking it upon themselves without reference to me to set a price well below the market value of the property. Stipulating the value should not be raised.

JACUSTOMER-ljojpc6k- :

Expert is offline didn't offer advice.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.