12826847

the managing partner of my company instructed the partner i

Customer Question

the managing partner of my company instructed the partner i work for to go from bogota to sao paolo for management meetings. I have an email saying ok as in line with company policy. i then had to bring that partner back to london and did so with full exchanges with our travel company to get best value for travel and used TAM airways. Now I am being told this is not acceptable and I am no longer authourised to issue travel for the Partner. It is humiliating and short of refusing a request for travel from a partner in the company, what was my alternative?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
What exactly is the problem and what would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I, wrongly, have been accused of spending the company's money outside of policy. Am I supposed to say to the Partner concerned that it was too much money and you have to stay in Sao Paulo and find your own way back to London? The Managing Partners is blaming me personally for the expense even though he authorised the original trip to Sao Paulo.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Have you asked how he was supposed to get back. Have you asked the other partner to speak to the bolshy one?

What does Mr Angry propose to do?

I am still not certain why this is a problem.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My integrity and ability to work for a Partner is being called into question with the Managing Partner threatening me. I see this as a problem.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

1 Have you asked how he was supposed to get back.

2 Have you asked the other partner to speak to the bolshy one?

3 What does Mr Angry propose to do?

4 You haven't mentioned any threats.Please clarify.