12826847

I am under extreme pressure from DWP regarding money I owe

Customer Question

I am under extreme pressure from DWP regarding money I owe them. They are making demands upon me about my financial circumstances and on top of that I have just been asked to pay 500 for unpaid water charges I have not used the service as I have been homeless since I lost my home last August as I am still on benefits Can you help me I am feeling suicidal I was made redundant in 2007 my house was repossed I have no money to approach a solicitor people have legal advice
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Is this concerning an over payment?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

FORJOMO1972 No I was made redundant in 2007 following this I had a breakdown and recieved Incapacity Housing Benefits. In September 2012 my house was repossed and I was rendered homeless. I was homeless for 6 months in three addresses I am now in a Housing Association Property. I went to see a Worker about my circumstances I told them I had £6.000 from Equity from my house that I lost. They sent me a letter asking for proof of repossesion but the thing is they want 6 months of bank statements. Eqity paid debts off and I don't know what to do I have had enough Am I forced to give my private financial statements detailing every transaction? I am concerned that they may press charges Please help I've had enough I'm sixty this year and have been to hell and backan you help me?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

FOR JOMO 1972 I have been cut off can you help me?

No, I lost my connection. I'm back in now.

Why cant you provide them with bank statements?