Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

We have an ongoing claim with travel medical insurance company.

Customer Question

We have an ongoing claim with travel medical insurance company. The financial ombudsman has ruled in our favour and has recommended that this organisation pay the maximum for pain, distress and delay in responding to health problems my son has experienced working abroad. The medical assistance company have rejected the ombudsman's recommendations and have only offered a token £150. This sum is derisory and does not reflect what my son has been going through over the last ten months. We want to take this further. His condition has been badly affected by there inability to react quickly and decisively. Although he has been back in England since October, he has had major surgery and several invasive procedures in the UK. He still sees a nurse daily who cleans and dresses his wounds. He is under the doctor at the hospital. What are our options? He is not able to work due to his health.
Elizabeth Sullivan
Expert:  Joshua replied 4 years ago.

Josh-2010 :

Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied

Josh-2010 :

Has the ombudsman made a final decision in the matter yet please?