12826847

I am a senior manager at a blue chip company, I send another

Customer Question

I am a senior manager at a blue chip company, I send another manager who has a dotted reporting line into me an email asking him to speak to a member of his team re their communication style. He accidently copied in someone in another department, a colleague of the person I had asked him to speak to. She then removed me from the email trail & sent the email to the person concerned and her line manager.
The following week this person, mad a large error on a job for my team, I had to speak to her about this which I did firmly but very calmly. At the end of the call she told her line manager I had been bullying on the call and had really upset her. My lline manager overheard my side of the call and said it was fine.
Then, the same person wrote a very derogatory email about a member of my team, stating 'is he not very bright?' I raised this with her manager who took no action, and my line manager & the most senior person in her department.
I was told last night she has logged a grievance about me and I have to attend a grieveance meeting. Is there anything I can do, my HR rep advised me of this but says she cannot discuss any details as it isn't her case. I think the two woman have colluded against me, I now feel very vunerable.
Is there anything I can do? or any action I should take?