12826847

Easy credit finance Plc supplied a car to Marcus on hire purchase.

Customer Question

Easy credit finance Plc supplied a car to Marcus on hire purchase. Before completing the payments Marcus sold the car to Jane who was unaware of the hire purchase agreement. Jane needed to raise some money, so she advertised the car for sale in her local newspaper. The following day she sold the car to Kingsley who took delivery of the car in return for a cheque. Jane left the log book in the glove compartment. Four days later, Jane discovered the cheque had been dishonoured. she informed the automobile association and the police, but in the meantime Kingsley had sold the car to shamima and agreed to carry some improvements before delivering it to her the following week. Unfortunatley, Mohammads mechanic sold the car to Otis by mistake, before it was delivered to Shamima.

Question: who has legal title to the car.
I am really stuck on the transaction between Mohammad to shamima, and the Mechanic to Otis.
I am not sure who gets title to the car, and if there is any exception to the nemo dat rule that applies what the exception is.
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Is this for an assignment?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes, it is on the nemo dat principle and the exceptions to the rule.

Sorry, can't help.

I will opt out to see if others can.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.