Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Are the council liable for mice that has entered my property

Customer Question

Are the council liable for mice that has entered my property through my neighbours as when the lady died the council took 5 containers of houehold rubbish out of their house. I have put a claim in to the council and they have refused my claim for my loft insulation due to these mice as the mice apparently did not touch any of their bait that they put down in my neighbours property. I have since had a roofer up and he checked my roof in case it was my fault but he said that my facias and roof are solid and the mice have come across my eaves from next door. I am now going to write to my MP to see if there can be anything done as i am a homeowner and to remove my loft insulation and replace it is going to cost me. In my attic i removed 5 mice from there and 1 fell past me trap as well when i was on my ladder. I have copies of the letter sent to the council and their reply back to me.

Expert:  Joshua replied 4 years ago.

Josh-2010 :

Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied

Josh-2010 :

Does the council own the house next door please?

JACUSTOMER-r9ppedr7- :

yes the council owns the property next door.