Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

I think I have a case for claiming compensation due to workplace

Customer Question

I think I have a case for claiming compensation due to workplace harrassment and bullying. I had to duit my job due to having a nervous breakdown for which I was off work for 4 months. I have kept all documentation and my doctor has confirmed that I was suffering from overwhelming stress caused by the situation at work. I made the manager aware of the problems I was having, raised formal complaints but she turned the situation back on me and blamed me for everything that happened.
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 4 years ago.

Michael Holly :

Can you tell me how long you had been employed there and when you left.I also need to know how many times you complained about the stress of the job, what it was caused by and how much time passed between your complaints and the breakdown. What steps (if any) did the employer take to alleviate the stress.Thank you-Michael

JACUSTOMER-6fwzx0bu- :

i was employed there for 3 and a half years and left in 2012. I complained 5 times and lodged 3 formal greivences. a clique of staff including a mother and son clearly wanted me to leave my job and made my life a misery by setting me up to fail and bullying me.My employer did not take any steps to alleviate the stress but when my gp signed me off work she put me on sickness monitoring and i was told she expected 100% attendance.i was also sent to capabilities with a view to being fired. My boss then made a statement in which she turned the situation back on me and blamed me for everything that had happened.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

I've been working hard to find another Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.