12826847

My wife wants us to split up, I have a child of 15 and am the

Customer Question

My wife wants us to split up, I have a child of 15 and am the biological father, she has a son of 22 who is off round the world. We live in a London and quadrant rented house and she is the only one on the tenancy agreement, what are my rights if any please
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects. Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Unless I have all the facts that I need, my answer would not be accurate.

How long have you been married?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We have been married for ten years
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

What do you want to happen?

Rights in respect of what exactly?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am wondering if I would be entitled to keep the house and have the teXXXXX XXXXXed to my name so my child is not made homless
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Thank you for your question, I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
Who has had the day to day care of the child until now and how is the child likely to wish to share her time between you after the separation
Claire