Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied
Would I be correct to assume that the property(s) concerned are not to be sold but are to be transferred to one of the beneficiaries and that beneficiary is to pay the others for their shares in the property(s) please?
What if anything does your agreement that you signed say about agreeing a valuation? Usually it says words to the effect of the valuation will be agreed between the parties or failing which set by an arbitrator?
Hi, you are correct in assuming the properties are not to be sold. We have agreed specific sums individually as our settlements and as part of that sum we are all having properties with cash making up the difference. A valuer has already valued the properties where one of my brothers and i am concerned with no trouble at all. The trouble is the two properties that are forming part of my eldest brothers settlement and another property that we shall each receive a percentage of when my aunt dies.
To clarify. Our father died in 2008 leaving everything to our aunt. My two brothers and i have one solicitor. We came to an agreement under the inheritance act in Febuary where upon we all have separate claims for property and cash sums. At the agreement we agreed to have up to date valuations on the properties involved. A valuation was done using one valuer for the properties that concerned one of my brothers and i with no trouble at all. The problem arises with two properties that are to become part settlement for my eldest brother and another property that us three brothers have a share in. There has been a delay in getting those valuations because there has been some kind of interference from my aunts husband asking the valuer to holdfire on releasing those valuations to everyone involved. My own thoughts on why this is is that either my eldest brother or aunt do not agree with the valuation given and that is why it has not been forthcoming to everyone concerned.
I am so sorry for the delay in reverting to you. I was unavailable yesterday and the site has been suffering with technical difficulties today which have prevented me from responding. May I continue to assist you with this question? I am available somewhat this evening and all day tomorrow... I look forward to hearing from you.
Too late now, i needed an answer two days ago.
I am sorry that I was unable to assist this time.