12826847

No question I was parked in a restricted street during prescribed

Customer Question

No question I was parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours. The prescribed hours are 1-2pm. Monday to Saturday. Iam charged with parking between 13.08 and 13.09
It was yesterday Bank Holiday Monday. Stupidly the atmosphere felt like a sunday. No hustle and bustle.

Any hope in contesting?
peter Brady
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

In order to give you answer tailored to your circumstances I will need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles

Who is the issuer of this fine?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

London Borough of Barnet

In the interim I have been looking up on the internet. I have found a suggestion that in order to differentiate between "stopping" and "parking" there should be an observation period of at least 5 minutes. The penatlty notice merely refers to parking from13.08 to 13.09

I would contend that this would be insufficient to determine whether I was legally loading unloading or the like?

Were you loading? Remember the burden of proof would pass to you.

I'm just trying to find a defence.