12826847

I am due in the magistrate court in Belfast Friday being tried

Customer Question

I am due in the magistrate court in Belfast Friday being tried for assault. Only the one who was pushed is claiming that I punched him several times in the face which isn't true at all. I pushed him the one time in the upper chest area. He had his friends back up his story making statements like they would. But in one of the statements it says he was not sure whether it was a push as saw arms stretched out.l Can this statement go in my favour?.He had been drinking the previous night with his friends. How the push came about I felt threatened but don't remember what he said due to my short memory loss.

The police added obstructing them when they asked for my passport and didn't show as panicked due to my anxiety. The police also have me for assaulting police.. While getting arrested I fell to the floor as didn't want to be. I hid my arms away next to my bed well under me.l Without realising my body was in a state of panic and my legs kicked out in panic. I also suffer with depression.

I was in a state of confusion at the police station very depressed thinking suicidal thoughts. My worry is that the taped interview wasn't as it's best as my mental health was declining. I did see a doctor before hand but didn't say much as was scared hurting inside.

My question is... My solicitor told me to plea guilty as a push is still assault, but if I say guilty then all the statements including his accusations are true?. Because I think that is how it works. I don't want to plead guilty for his false claims.

Another question.... Would I be able to use some medical grounds towards this in my favour?.
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

What medical evidence are you hoping to use?

Are you OK?

Can you respond?