12826847

I was given a letter by my employer stating that I was not

Customer Question

I was given a letter by my employer stating that I was not performing my role and that as such they were enforcing the capability policy. I was invited to a formal meeting today to discuss the issues further and put support plans in place to address their concerns. I do not believe that the correct procedures were followed. I was invited by my area manager to an informal meeting prior to the formal meeting, during this meeting I was told that an improvement plan had been developed. I stopped her at that point and told her that I did not believe that the correct procedures had been followed and therefore I did not feel I could agree. Discussion followed where it was emphasised that it was all intended for support. that it was not a disiplinary. After she consulted with HR I was informed that I should go home and read the proposed support plan, suggest changes and add other support I felt necessary. If I agree to the improvement plan am I agreeing that I do not meet the requirement of my role or is this considered support and what could happen if I refuse. Capability could be implemented if I were not to meet the criteria set within the improvement plan.
Expert:  Jenny replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer, how long have you worked there for?