Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street Practice
11292137

i submitted an insurance claim to axa for delay that caused

Customer Question

i submitted an insurance claim to axa for delay that caused me to miss my cruise connection in miami. i booked flights with b.a. from newcastle to miami,but my flight from newcastle to heathrow was delayed by bad weather.imissed my connection to miami and b.a. could not offer me a flight until the following day.and put us in a hotel overnight.ihad to book four nights in a miami hotel.insurers insist my delay was insufficient to claim but i was delayed twenty hours before reaching miami.i would like advice on how to proceed following a letter of complaint which reiterated denial of claim.they now no longer acknowledge e.mail correspondence.thank you David XXXXX

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects. Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Unless I have all the facts that I need, my answer would not be accurate.

What are you hoping to achieve?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

expect to receive reimbursement for delay and four nights accom. in miami

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Could you not get
a flight for four days?

What exactly does
the insurance policy say about the length of period of the delay which is
covered or not covered?

If you could not
get on cruise in Miami, how did you manage to get on the cruise at all?

Have you take
this up with British Airways?

When you the
flight, did you specifically mention that you have to be there by a particular
time in order to get your connection?

How much time and
you allowed between arriving in Miami and getting the cruise?

Did you book each
thing individually or was the whole thing a package?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

got to miami on dparture day but missed cruise due to late arrival in miami.delay over twelve hours.did not get on cruise.yes b.a. do not cover delay due to adverse weather.no because i should have got there twenty four hours before departure.flight booked as one event and overnight hotel and cruise booked seperately

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

If the flight delay was 12hrs and cruise was booked for 24hrs after scheduled arrival how come you missed it?

What does policy say about what delay is claimable?

Why were you stuck for 4 days? How did you eventually get on the cruise?

When you the
time in order to get your connection?