HelloI have a right of access over my neighbours property.To

Customer Question

I have a right of access over my neighbours property.

To pass and repass over the land shown coloured yellow on the Plan so far as may be reasonably necessary for the purposes of landscaping gardening and garden utility, or delivery or removal of items not reasonably deliverable or removable through the front door on the western elevation of Badgers Den causing as little damage or disturbance as reasonably possible and making good to the reasonable satisfaction of the Transferee any damage caused.

I have sent an email to them stating that I will be using the access on an ongoing basis for two bicycles. I have a Dining Hall and its awkward to transport them through the house which is what they are telling me to do. They are refusing me access.

Do they have the right to stop me?

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects. Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Unless I have all the facts that I need, my answer would not be accurate.

Why are they stopping you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They say I can take my bicycles through the house

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Your site keeps crashing.

They are stopping me as they say I can take the bicycles through the house.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

apologise for the delay in getting back to you. The site has been down since

mid-morning and I have no control over that. I am located in Cheshire and the

site is hosted in San Francisco. Updates take place during the night (in San

Francisco) which often cause problems in the morning. Fortunately, it is not

very often. For some reason, today, it has been down all day.

Have you tried offering money (there is a reason that they ask) or
are they just naturally difficult?