12826847

hi i need some advise with regards XXXXX XXXXX getting harrased by

Customer Question

hi i need some advise with regards XXXXX XXXXX getting harrased by an ex pathner. The person his sending malcious messages about me. I have been told i am not eligible for legal aid and i cant afford legal cost. Is there a way for me to be able to get legal help?

HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this harassment ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thats what i need to know

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I need to know what help i can get if i can not get legal aid

Are you seeking an injunction from the civil courts?

I imagine he is already on a police warning?
Are you ok? Can you respond?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no i dont need an injunction , i need to see a lawyer and prove he his sending out these messages about defaming my character and putting up fake nude pictures of mine on the internet and sending it out to my friends and family. I have been to the police. I want to know what sort of lawyer can help me and how i can get help t pay for a solictitor and court fees. I am not eligible for legal aid and i dont earn enough to hire a lawyer

I am really sorry but if you cannot get legal aid then there is no other way of instructing a solicitor than to pay privately. There's just no other way it could be done.

I suppose you could try the free legal services like the citizens advice bureau or the bar pro bono unit. Probably the pro bono unit would help with advice only and maybe representation but you would still have to pay court fees.

Also, counsel and solicitors do not prove offences. All they do is put existing evidence in admissible format and present the case.

If the police cannot find the evidence then a solicitor is not likely to be able to do so. I'm not sure what the difficulty was here. It would seem to be something capable of proof.

I suppose the issue may have been proving that he was the person responsible but a solicitor cannot seize his computer and the police can.

I am sorry but thats your position.

It might be worth pursuing with the police. If he carries on then it will be capable of proof in the end.